Homemade Dry Dog Food did you say? You’re on the right page.
If you want to improve your dog’s diet without spending more money, try making homemade dry dog food. This will allow you to know what your dog is being fed, use the best ingredients, and keep an eye on any allergies that could be an issue.
This kibble is the type of dog food that any dog would go crazy for. It has the proper amount of protein, carbohydrates, and fiber to keep your dog healthy and happy for a long time.
The best part of making dry dog food opposed to wet food is that it lasts longer and you can make larger amounts.
Benefits Of Making Your Own Kibble
There are several reasons why choosing to make homemade dry dog food is the best option for many people. For those dog owners who have dogs with allergies, making your own food can not only save you in vet bills, but medication too.
The dry dog foods on the market pretty much have the same ingredients. They all contain preservatives and fillers, which are usually the main source of allergic reaction for pets.
Making your own allows you to control what you add to your dog’s food, so that you can lower the amount of vet visits and possible not have to pay for pills to control your dog’s itching, hair issues, and any other allergy related problems.
Saving money has the most benefit for people who make homemade dry food. Wet food is a gamble as it can go bad if not used in three days or frozen in usable portions after preparation. Many people will forget how slowly homemade dog food is eaten. You feed your dog less food as homemade food is higher in nutrients than store bought foods.
So, when people first begin making their won wet food they may find they need to get used to dealing with smaller portions. Dry foods last longer and make a better transition for most dogs and their owners. You will also notice that your dog produces less waste.
When you give dogs foods that they can utilize rather than just fill their bellies, you are making it easier for yourself in the picking up waste department.
- Contains one (1) 33 lb. bag of PEDIGREE Complete...
- This dry food recipe helps maintain a healthy...
- Provides whole grains and helps support healthy...
- Delivers complete and balanced nutrition enriched...
- Made in the USA with the World’s Finest...
- REAL MEAT FIRST: Blue Buffalo foods always feature...
- FOR ADULT DOGS: Blue Life Protection Formula adult...
- ANTIOXIDANT-RICH LIFESOURCE BITS: A precise blend...
- A NATURAL DOG FOOD: Blue dry dog food is made with...
- Contains one (1) 30 lb Bag of Blue Life Protection...
Multigrain dog dry food recipe
A great and easy homemade dry dog food recipe is a multigrain kibble. This recipe makes 20 cups, which is easy to store and lasts a while.
- Add two cups of whole wheat flour, one and a half cups of all purpose unbleached flour
- And a half cup of soy flour into a large bowl
- In the same bowl you will also add 1 cup of corn meal
- One cup of powdered milk and one cup rolled oats
- A half cup of wheat germ and brewer’s yeast each and and a tablespoon of salt
- In a small bowl add one large or jumbo egg and five tablespoons of corn oil
- Add three cups of water to the dry ingredients in the large bowl and stir
- Last add the egg mixture to the large bowl and stir
- You will have a thin batter, which is what you want
- Pour the mix into cookie sheets about a half inch high and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
- You will get a sheet of dog food. Simply break it up into small pieces and store.